Monday, May 7, 2012

How was Art Walk?

This weekend, I participated in the May Art Walk at Essex Studios. It was definitely an experience. I shared a space with another DAAP student that I am good friends with. Our space was near the main entrance, although not very on-the-way to the rest of the displays.



We did not get much business, but I did sell a piece! It was the following image, one of my prints from my intro to intaglio studio. It was the last one I had done in this color ink; the rest are black ink. I also passed out a few of my preliminary business cards.


Near the end of the evening on Saturday, I went exploring. There were many talented artists showing there. The building is older and is pretty cool. Like my past visit to the Pendleton studios, it got my yearning to rent a studio space of my own. Most of the studios I saw at Essex were fairly large, too. Perhaps one could be shared between two artists comfortably.

No comments:

Post a Comment