Monday, January 17, 2011

The Opening Theory

Hi, I'm Kimberly L Carey! You may remember me from such films as the University of Cincinnati and Facebook. But really, I do go to UC. I'm in the Design, Architecture, Art, and Planning (DAAP) program, specifically Fine Arts, and I'm a 2D concentration. I do pen and ink comics, printmaking, some photography, and some digital work. I'm 21 years old and I'm a fourth-year student with one more to go. It'll be here before I know it! Scary!

This blog is called "An Experiment" because that's how I've been approaching new things, as experiments. If I get confused or frustrated, I just insist, "No no, don't worry. Treat this as an experiment. It's just an experiment." That usually helps. Also, I just mistyped "experiment" five times just now, including that last one.

Here's what I've been up to recently. Click them to see them full-sized.

Oil painting of an evening sunset
2010

Relief print
2010


A self-criticism, pen and ink comic
2010


Digital photography
2008


Pen and ink self-portrait and biography
2009

Next two:
Illustrations from a story, colored in Photoshop
2009
 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment